Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Real Chrystanthemum in Winter

So yesterday was Christmas Day 2009, and I'm just going to be reflecting on my opinions of a rather, in my humble opinion, unspectacular Christmas this year. I saw on Facebook that people were getting Wii's, 360's, PS3's, and even cars. I feel that it kinda defeats the purpose of Christmas. Has America really become obsessed with receiving rather than giving, and at what cost will this have when it's time to enter the real world? Maybe I'm just bitter that other people to the lavish gifts while I got a hockey stick (to replace my old broken one), a bath robe, and a long sleeved American Eagle shirt. These actually are practical cause hey, I can use them for practical purposes. I dunno, I just feel that most people, or at least a good portion of them, forget the initial charm and goodwill behind these gifts. Me? I personally believe that Christ's birthday has been turned into a mass consumer shopping spree. That, and I just like sticking it to the man and not asking for much.

One a semi-related note, I'm planning on asking to go to work at a soup kitchen for my birthday; I feel that I should celebrate by good fortune in life by helping the other less fortunate people out there. Yeah, there probably are stuff that I'm going to want to get, but really, if I actually wanted them badly enough, I'd go buy it myself; it's not like I wouldn't have enough money to do so anyways. Besides, I don't want anybody to go out of their way to make me feel happy for one day when I'm not really that special at all.

Anyways, I'm going to conlude this little thought of mine by saying that I hope everybody else had an awesome Christmas!

No comments: