Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Hockey Player

He wasn't the best player, not by a long shot.
Short on talent, long on heart. He played.
Every game like it was his last.

While his team lost a lot, he kept up playing his heart out.
The losses? They served to add wood to his fire.
He never gave up; no way would he do so.
"Winners never quit and quitters never win".

He gave his all for the team
Whether it be blocking shots to save a sure goal
Or working in the corners just to obtain possession of the puck
Or to stand in front of the net to screen the goalie, and get hacked up
Or even playing any position the team needed him to play
He did it all. So the team could win.

Although he wasn't the captain of the team, he embodied what it meant.
He came to every game ready to play. He did not give up, long after the game was decided.
There was no quit in this player, only dedication.
Every shift he was on the ice, he played it like it was last.
The leadership and character that he brought was invaluable
For although it isn't found in the scoresheet, its value was priceless.

No comments: