Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Realization

So while it technically is a new day, I still have some thoughts about what is now yesterday. First of all, being home over the weekend from college is pretty weird; I mean, I still haven't gotten used to the fact that I'm not in my dorm in Russell Hall. But still, here are my things I have to say.

-Being home is awesome, if not a bit weird. Like I mentioned, it's super nice to be in your own bed, in your own room, in your house, unlike being in a fairly small dorm room (mine isn't as small as what some of my other friends have had, though). Not to mention that I actually have sweet wifi here, unlike the shitty and sporadic UMW wifi.
-Driving for the first time in a month. It was like "whoa" for me. Haven't been behind the wheel for that long-it's like an out of body experience.
-Speaking of driving, I drove to Lake Braddock to see if I could meet my buds there, as they had the annual tag day event. Turns out that when I got there, they were mostly finishing up, but I did get to talk to some people. And man, was it great seeing those guys there! It also was pretty cool being able to see the freshmen this year too, and I have to say, they're kind of small.
-Being able to purchase and play NHL 11, after being deprived of video games for a month

No comments: