Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Friday, September 30, 2011

What I've learned this week

These are some of the things that I've learned this week:
- Pancho Villa is great and almost, in my humble opinion, a great substitute for Chipotle.
- If you don't study for Arabic for at least an hour a week, it comes back to bone you in the ass. And yes, this is in reference to the fact that I'm completely unprepared for my midterm in that class on Monday.
- German Lit allows us to watch vintage classical 1930's movies, and I'm very much okay with that.
- Volunteering for great causes+ free t-shirts= me volunteering more. Not that I can't afford to not volunteer (long story about that that I'll explain if you ask me outside of this blog).
- We can have long conversations while walking back to our dorm about that one guy in our German class who clearly is a suck up and wants to make things very well known about his own skills, as well as clearly wanting to play "baseball" with a girl in our class.
- The pizza from the Nest somehow tastes a heck of a lot better when I'm there with my friends from my German class. I dunno why, but it never seems to taste as good for me when I'm by myself.
- People watching while spending two hours for the Inaugural Ball. I never really knew until tonight how some people can pull off certain dresses and look that good. There seriously were some really good looking girls/ladies that walked into the convocation center tonight.
- How awesome my roomie is that he buys me Pancho Villa and delivers it to me while I'm volunteering and then hangs out with me to make the rest of the shift a heck of a lot better. You rock, Harry!
- Don't sprint down the hill immediately after eating Pancho Villa, cause that's just horrible on your stomach. Something you shouldn't try at home, kids.

No comments: