Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Alumni Panel thing today

As the title indicates, I went in to Lake Braddock today to serve on an alumni panel for the seniors in the government classes. Now, initially I was skeptical of it, as I kinda wanted to sleep in and whatnot. However, it was pretty fun, and totally worth having to get up at 6:30 (oh how I remember those high school days). It was nice knowing that I, as well as my alumni peers, may have helped these current seniors look at college a little bit differently. Also, I felt very special because you have the college experience, which helps others learn that stuff. Being able to relate my experiences with the seniors and to get a chance to publicly share that, I felt powerful. Great experience, and I'd really want to do that another time!

No comments: