Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Musical Note (haha there's a pun)

Yes, I just pulled off a pun there. But still, I've been in a very military march mood, thanks to studying for finals; they really got me focused, so they helped. Now, I've still been listening to a ton of them on YouTube. The ones I've really been listening to have been mostly German/Prussian/Austrian marches, with a few other English and French ones mixed in. My personal favorite so far has been Oh, du mein Osterreich, with The Men of Harlech closely behind that. Unter der Doppeladler is a great one, too. If you're interested, this is what I recommend listening to, in no particular order:
- Oh, du mein Osterreich
- The Men of Harlech
- 99er Regimentsmarsch 
- Präsentiermarsch des Wachregiment
-  Marche de la Legion/Le Boudin 
- Königgrätzer Marsch 
- Le Regiment de Sambre et Meuse 
- Preussens Gloria


Try not to get too inspired after listening to these

No comments: