Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 in Review

Well it's that time of year again, or at least, it's the start of the new year. Since today is the first day of 2011, I figured I'd do my year in review feature here. The best of and the worst of will be here, or at least how much I can remember from the last year. Here we go:

- January 1, 2010, obviously
- USA Hockey winning gold at the World Juniors!
- Getting through the last half of senior year
- Turning 18. Not the best way to celebrate (long story), but hey, I became legal, as scary as that is.
- Making it to All-District Band, which I was really proud of, even if I was the top chair in the second band; it's the fact that I made it that counted
- Winter Break, round 2
- The fact that no matter what, nobody else in high school will likely ever get that much snow and that long a break. Totally was the best way to really wrap up senior year. =)
- Playing a ton of hockey, despite not being able to play high school hockey in senior year. Eh, I guess it actually worked out better for me after all, so I'm not to mad about that.
- Getting broken up with the day after my birthday. In retrospect, it a) probably was my fault that I didn't live up to my half of the relationship and b) it's actually kinda funny now that I think about it. Gotta live and let live, after all.
- Reston Spring High School hockey. While we went 1-8-1, it was still a blast playing with you guys. We had some amazing times in the locker room. Thanks guys for having a great season regardless of our record.
- Hanging out with people you've known throughout high school and realizing that you may never see some of them again
- Graduating. I'm gonna miss you guys.
- Skipping the day of prom to go play pickup hockey (and to get new skates)
- Then skipping prom to go play pickup (outdoors roller) hockey. And not caring that I missed prom at all.
- Okay so I'll admit, I was slightly jealous afterwards when I saw the pictures of everybody dressed up for prom. But then I realized, I'm doing what I love to do, and nothing is better than hockey.
- Playing a ton of pickup hockey over the summer
- Going to Montreal and Quebec City in August. Amazing people, amazing sights, amazing food, and an amazing time.
- Going off to UMW orientation, and being nervous as hell for it
- Meeting tons of people at UMW, and having a great time
- Starting college classes, and also being really bleeping scared
- My very first college test/quiz
- Meeting awesome people in my classes
- 8 AM classes every day in the week, which actually wasn't too bad as you may have thought
- Russell Hall, 4th floor. That's all that needs to be said.
- The various things thrown out the window(s) on our floor
- Thanks to Beijing, our first fire drill due to a lack of water in his mac n' cheese mix
- An additional two fire drills due to improperly microwaved popcorn bags, on 1st and 3rd floors
- Failing 6 of 7 fire drills in the semester
- 1.7 gpa for the first semester =(
- Landing on academic probation cause of said gpa =(
- The promise of next semester
- Playing street hockey for an hour and a half in the pouring rain
- Winning the Eagle One Cup, our holy grail of our street hockey club
- Playing for 2 and a half hours in that championship. We won 10-7, 8-10, 3-0 to clinch the cup.
- Beating a certain S. Brown once again in that game
- Having a blast for the Club Tennis team
- The random late night mayhem with friends
- 3 AM Sporcle quizzes
- Sporcle-offs in the downstairs lobby
- Getting our floor fined for doing stupid stuff, for god knows what reasons
- The stealthy stealing of chairs from both sides of the floor
- Going on break for a month, and missing all of your friends

Well, here's to an even better 2011. Cheers.

No comments: