Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Hellish Tour

As he stepped onto the bus, map in hand and sun shining down on him, he was expecting a fine day of soaking in the sights and sounds of the city. At the bus stop, he was studying the map, pouring over the information that it had to offer, knowing little of the nightmare that he was about to step in to. When the doors of the double decker bus closed behind him, his hell started.

"Wait a minute, what the heck is going on here?" he thought to himself. "Where is the double decker bus I just stepped in to? This is...a nightmarish puzzle!"

When he stepped onto the bus, he somehow found himself transported to not just the top, but a sadistic puzzle. There was maybe two feet of walkway space, going all the way around in a rectangle. In the middle of this realm, there was just empty sky, with an endless abyss for unlucky souls to fall into it, trapped for all eternity.

Fortunately, he knew what to do; it was like a voice in his head told him that he would never be able to get back into the world he knew, unless he could maneuver safely. He then set about carefully walking one step at a time to advance around the perimeter of the ledge. Finally, after an excruciatingly long time of careful maneuvering, he managed to find his way out, and was magically transported to the interior of the bus.

Inside, the bus resembled the average bus with some tourists and locals inside, yet it strangely had...poles to grab on and hang on to that were scattered all along the interior. And he was transported to a small mat at the back of the interior. His intuition, for the second time that afternoon, had told him something important to his survival-that the bottom of the bus' floor, once you got off the mat, was covered in land mines; one small step and he would be blown up into many pieces. The only solution? Having to swing from bar to bar and avoid touching the ground at all costs. Fortunately, he was a gymnast in his youth, so he was used to swinging on bars. In the meantime, there were laughing tourists walking in at every stop, while he was literally hanging on for dear life. Girls wearing clothes better suited for the Mediterranean were walking in, talking to each other and laughing, while he, he of all people, was desperately fighting to stay alive each second.
"How can they be smiling and laughing and not notice my plight!?"  he furiously wondered. "And how can they walk on the ground without being blown up? Oh man, I'm in some sort of hell!"

While he was furiously pondering where and why he was in this situation, a sudden crowd of what he believed to be demonic pawns in this sadistic game impeded his sight and reach to the next pole. As he couldn't reach the pole, it gave him time to look up and see the sights outside of the "bus". It was funny, he thought that the apartments by the streets were unusually tall; they looked as if they were about eight or nine stories tall. And speaking of streets, there was only one street that he noticed; wait, has this bus been going in one continuous circle? And why don't I see any cars, shops, or people on the streets? I am in a twisted realm, and I'm probably being watched, and mocked, by some unknown demons, struggling to survive.

"I don't know where I am, but I will do whatever it takes to get out of this, this...nightmare!"

No comments: