Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Siberia


Cold. Bleak. Dark. Isolated. Alone.

These are the images that I conjure up, when I hear those words.
Or actually, a single world. A single, lonely word.

                                Siberia.
I think, who would want to live there, so far from the rest?
It’s just a barren land-do you really want to live and die there?
The rest of the populace lives all together, so close.
                But you don’t. Away from them.

You live in an unfriendly place. No warmth.
For what? To prove that you’re taming that,
that vast and wild beast?

Well technically, there are people there.
People in cities. Splattered around like a toddler’s paintings.
No set pattern, basic, and vast.

But that’s why I’m so fascinated with you,
                Because,
                                You’re the rare thing, a place that isn’t mentioned yet you manage
Manage. That’s the word.
                Manage to be ugly yet beautiful.
                                                                                Which is why I want to be there.

No comments: