Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Monday, May 4, 2009

5/4/09 Musings on the IIHF World Hockey Championships

The US lost to Switzerland today, by the final score of 4-3. I'm really dissapointed, as the US hasn't really seemed to be motivated enough. I mean, sure, the addition of various players throughout the tournament hasn't exactly helped, but come on, we're allegedly one of the best hockey playing countries in the world. And while I'm on the topic, the goalie tandem of an ex-NHLer and a former number five overall pick now toiling in the minors for a different team is not doing well. Robert Esche and Al Montoya are decent enough, but come one, are you telling me that there weren't better options available for the US? Fortunately their regulation loss means that they move on, along with my new favorite country of Latvia. The US plays on Wednesday against a new archrival in Finland and Latvia plays the juggernauts in Canada. To round out the quarterfinals, Belarus plays Russia and the Czechs play the Swedes. Good luck guys, and hopefully the Americans win and Latvia pulls out a (highly improbable) win against our neighbors to the north.

No comments: