Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

IIHF 2009 Thoughts So Far, As of May 2nd

I've been following the 2009 IIHF World Championships with a lot of passion lately. The reason why I didn't say "watch" is because I can't find a place to watch it on, which is a huge bummer. Anyways, it's been pretty good so far. Hungary, despite the fact that they're heavily outclassed, has been playing with a ton of heart; best of luck to their future years of hockey as they're the odds on favorite to relegate down to Division 1. A few of my other favorite teams, the German-speaking countries of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland haven't been doing too hot. Germany is in the relegation round, along with Austria, meaning that they might be moving down to Division 1 too; Germany is hosting the World Championships next year, so they can't move down as next year's hosts, however Austria looks like they are going to be moving out of the world's elite level of hockey. As for the national country, the US has lost their last two, to Sweden in a heartbreaker and to Russia today. They were up 5-1 with about 10 minutes, even less, in the game when Sweden rallied back. And today, they plain just played flat. Not all is lost however. I've been developing a huge crush on the nation of...Latvia. I respect how they've won all of their games except for an early loss the the Americans. I just respect their team play and tenacity, not to mention how Latvian names are amazing. I seriously have a huge urge to buy Latvian team merchandise cause of their success! Anyways, stay tuned for more on the World Championships.

No comments: