Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

The highs and lows of today...and mostly lows

Today has been a whirlwind in the last 24 hours, and it started off not too well. First of all, I really didn't get much sleep, and I'm not kidding; I don't remember falling asleep until probably 4 or later, and it was a bitch to try and fall asleep. And Chris didn't exactly help the cause, as he was moaning and groaning in what apparently was a nightmare. Then, at noon, I met with Molly at the Underground, where she told me that she just wants to "be friends". Ouch. Well, to be really kinda honest, I was probably going to tell her something around those lines, just that she superseded me at that. At this point, things were looking rather bleak and depressing. To round off the hat trick, I had a unspectacular presentation in my maps and politics class. This all happened by 4, which really didn't make this the best couple of hours I've ever had. Fortunately, I was about to be redeemed.

Our street hockey club championship game was tonight, at 7. To make a very long story (over two and a half hours, to be precise), my team, the blue jersied team, won, by a score of 10-8 (comeback from being down 4-2), 7-10, and then 3-0 in the final game. I've been redeemed for my generally shitty day today, and while I'm tired, it still feels doggone nice to go out on top!

No comments: