Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend recap

To celebrate my actual posting of something after God knows how long, this is what I did over the weekend

Friday:
-Played street hockey, as a goalie, at 5. Made some pretty sick saves, IMO, and I think I won the first game. Then we played to 5 the next game, which we lost 5-4...after a fluke goal went in off my glove when I clearly had the save there. Oh well. But at least Corey brought his goalie pads for me to use, and we had Trevor in goal, so it was a blast nonetheless! Goalie is criminally fun, and it probably enhances the fun when you make a ton of saves and get a good workout in.

-I played strip foosball at night, which I can tell you is quite enhanced when the people you're playing with/against are either drunk, getting drunk, or just smashed. Anyways, I went 1-3. Meaning, I got quite the workout stripping, but we thankfully don't do the "take yer boxers off" thing. Don't judge us.

Friday night/early Saturday morning:
-We were talking and hanging out in our common room when Andrew Moore freaking forgets to put water in his mac 'n cheese mix in the microwave. Which resulted in ridiculously thick smoke from the burned mac 'n cheese. And a mass evacuation of Russell Hall. For half an hour. In the cold, wee hours of the morning. Not fun.

Saturday:
-I attempted to do my Macroeconomics HW ahead of time for the 15% bonus, but I had a distinct lack of motivation. Sunday: time to clean up and compensate for my laziness.

-Went to Central Park around 1:30 with Molly, Liz, Keegan, Eric, Sandra, Isaac, and Mike Wang (who henceforth will be referred to as Wang; small children everywhere will giggle). We intended to go eat and then go do some necessary shopping at Walmart, but alas, we got sidetracked. After going to Five Guys (which I've seriously missed like no other), we were like "yeah we're not in a hurry-let's go shopping". We then went to Kohls, where I, as well as the rest of our motley crew, took advantage of ridiculous sales and consequently, I picked up an argyle sweater and a lumberjack-esque looking shirt that Molly absolutely loves. Huzzah for 40-50% off most of Kohls' items! And from there, we stopped by the Best Buy two stores down, where Wang and Liz got some CD's and DVD's. From there, we hopped over to Starbucks due to Keegan's incessant cravings for Starbucks. "Hey guys, there's a Starbucks 0.1 miles from here, wink wink". We hung out a bit in there and chatted about certain people and life, then Isaac was like "I want to go to Best Buy", which we did. We shopped for what we needed, and I purchased my much needed clothes hangers. Now, the wait for the FRED to pick us up was a whole different story.

-So about the FRED being obnoxiously slow and highly irregular. Once we were done shopping in Walmart, we went outside of it and went to the FRED stop, just waiting to be picked up. As we had taken longer than planned to get our stuff/trip done, it was about 5:30-ish, getting a bit more colder. The stop just so happened to be outside, with no shelter from wind or anything. Did I mention that it was getting increasingly colder, with not one of us really prepared for the cold. Anyways, to make a long story short, the FRED took the better part of 40 minutes to get there; and we spotted a FRED bus 20 minutes after getting to the stop, yet it didn't go our way and pick us up, much to our chagrin. Fuck the FRED.

Sunday
-Got an extra hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings Time, which honestly was greatly appreciated.

-Started doing my Macroeconomics HW, just to claim the 10% bonus of turning it in a day early. Took me until 11:30 at night to submit it, due to other events (Facebook also didn't help my cause, either). Oh well, at least I turned it in a day early.

-Hung out with Eric, Sandra, and Wang, and Joe too. Went to dinner with them, and we ran into John on the way down, so he accompanied us to the Nest. After we ate, we heckled Keegan at the Underground, where Eric, Joe, and I all got a slice of this amazing chocolate cake. Then we went back, and nothing else happened after that.

-Ran into Justis when I got back to the room. He wants to sell his remaining Amp Energy Drink to me in order to be able to purchase alcohol for the weekend (hey, he was brutally honest about that; can't hate that). I'll be getting back to him on that.

No comments: