Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Eurovision 2010 (and some of '11)

Thanks to the web comic site Scandinavia and the World, I somehow got linked to the Eurovision contest songs. For those of you not in the know, it's like a World Cup of European (and some European-minded non-European countries, like Azerbaijan and Israel, etc.) song-offs. Anyways, it's pretty competitive from what I can gather and it's fairly prestigious too. So yeah, I've been listening to some of the individuals/acts representing the countries and I've come away pretty darn impressed! This has also led to some semi-rash song purchases on iTunes, but anyways, the Eurovision contest(s) are something I'm definitely gonna be looking up next year. Also, said contest next year will be held in Azerbaijan because their representatives this year won it all; personally, I think it's cool that the winner gets to hold the successive one. My final parting thought on this is that man, for such a small population, Iceland has some great performers.

No comments: