Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thor movie thoughts

Yes, I'm late to the party, thank you very much. Now that we've got that out of the way (University Mall's theater is really cheap, just FYI), I have to say that I liked the movie. The pacing of it was very satisfactory and it unfolded fairly unpredictable. The acting was very solid, though I felt like the plot might have jumped around a bit too much for any one person other than the main-main characters, in my humble opinion. Come to think of it, there really isn't much to say about the movie (in a good way, though), so in this case it's a good thing. I guess my only "complaint'', if you can even call it that, was that it felt like those two hours spent watching it were like an hour max; it's iffy to even call it a bad thing, but hey, to each their own.

Also, I was surprised to see that Kenneth Branagh was the director for it. It was surprising just given that he's really done Shakespearan adaptions from the stage to the big screen, hence my surprise. But yeah, that was my "being in Mr. McCabe's AP Lit class and watching Branagh's versions of Shakespeare paying off" moment, haha.

It also was interesting to watch, since while I was in Iceland, I got to see a brief overview of Norse mythology. Needless to say, it's fascinating, and even more fascinating watching some of it in the movie!

Another random thought: all the females in it were pretty darn good looking; just had to say it. And the actor playing Thor, whose name I'm too lazy to look up at the moment, was pretty ripped.

Overall, I give this movie a 4/5, just because you knew they left out a bit of plot for the blatantly obvious sequel that accordingly is coming out in 2013. Hey, whadda you know, that was my only downside to the movie-the pacing. But yeah, it's a 4/5 movie that I'd recommend seeing (again, University Mall theater in Fairfax is super cheap to see older movies, hint hint).

No comments: