Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today's Earthquake Thoughts

I was playing pickup hockey at Kettler earlier today when we were told to evacuate the building. At first, we all just head a massive sound, like something huge got in an equally huge collision. In retrospect, that should have tipped us off that something was up, as no teams were training in sight. Almost right away we were told to get off the ice; this was surprising at the moment, as we had a good 20 minutes left and I didn't think that there were any other events using the ice after us. Eventually we found out that we just went though a (5.9) earthquake, and since we were on the top floor of a seven story building, it would be in our best interest to get off of it. However, the point was raised that if we collapsed, being on the top floor, it probably would be better giving that everybody else below us would act as a cushion of sorts. Or not. But being in a room full of hockey players, we all stuck around to change out of our equipment in spite of the potential danger. Huzzah for being good like that!

I mean, the only thing I really was bummed about was losing 20 minutes of pickup hockey, given that a) this was my last session for the summer and for a while and b) I did pay $15 for that, so yeah. Though a close second was not being able to update my Facebook and Twitter statuses, thanks to the apparent temporary lack of signal in the area.

In all seriousness though, I hope nobody was hurt and everybody is safe

No comments: