Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is for you, Grandpa Charles!

Okay, so I'm a bad grandson. I lied.

I haven't yet played my heart out for you and given you a game that you would be proud of.
I haven't scored one for you. I haven't blocked a shot for you.
In other words, I've failed to make you smile, and I'm sorry for that.

But you know what? I will.
I will give 210% for you. I will out skate, out play, out hustle the opposition.
I will play my heart out for you. You will never see me more determined in my 18 years.
And if I so happen to score, I will point up to the sky and dedicated that goal to you.
Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to see your smiling face in Heaven smiling brighter than the sun.
Maybe I will score a goal, however monumental it may turn out to be, from a heart so big that God would not let it live.
You are my hero, Grandpa Charles, and I love you!

I never said thank you for what you meant to me, but
Think of this of as my little way of saying "thank you".
Thank you Grandpa Charles, thank you one million times over!

No comments: