Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Looking Back a Month Ago

Right now I'm listening to the LB China Band's performance of the The Sound of Music Medley, and I just got to thinking about the Europe trip to Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Germany (go figure; I would do that), and how we bonded as a whole group by the very end. I think what was so amazing about it was how Stephanie described us crossing a four lane road (oh man, good times). She said that she was amazed and proud of how at the offset, we all were in our own separate cliques but by the end we all came together as one; she said that he favorite moment of those amazing eleven days was how we all flirted with death when we crossed that four lane road in Berlin. When I think about that, and the trip as a whole, I'm immediately taken back to some of the best moments of my life. And yes, that would include the previous year's trip to the United Kingdom. Why's that? Because all of us in the group from Centreville/Lake Braddock and the Sayville High School became friends, and those friendships will be with me for the rest of my life; they were that powerful. Small, individual groups evolved into two main groups, one for each of the states, and then at the end, one massive group. Guys, I loved being with you for those AMAZING eleven days.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that I wrote a poem on the plane from Heathrow on the way back that summed up my thoughts about this trip, and that I never published it here. So, without further ado, here it is:

"Transformation"
Stepping out of the airport
In another country; Budapest to be exact.

Wow, that was a bit nervous.
We didn't know what to expect,
What we'd be seeing, what we'd do.
I know that I was thinking
"I'm not sure how I'm going to pass these days; it seems like it may be boring."

Yet, as day came to a close, we all went through a metamorphosis.
For as we walked around more,
And as we saw things, we were stunned. Stunned at the beauty of it all.
Those foreign lands, each unique.
Slowly and surely.

Now, we have arguments and discussions over our favorite cities.

Oh yeah, don't forget about how far we came as a group.
Initially we were shy and quiet about talking to others.
But we gradually became friends, friends for the whole trip.
Friends that shared amazing experiences, and without you guys
I don't know how the 11 days would have turned out. And for that, I humbly thank you.
Thank you for being amazing people. Thank you for making this an amazing trip!

More importantly, just thank you for being able to share the memories with.
The memories that will last for a lifetime.

No comments: