Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I celebrated our independence by going to Brennan's for a little party that was amazing. Hot dogs for dinner, playing with fireworks as an intermission, and eating chocolate ice cream with M&M's and chocolate syrup to close it out.  I met Alex, Ian, and Leah, and they were pretty cool, just that they had a little obsession with Pokemon (though we all have at some point, so it's all good). Yup, fun night! Oh and, God bless the troops serving at home and abroad, as we're the land of the free BECAUSE of the the brave; never forget that.

Oh and on a related note, the US National Inline Hockey team won the gold medal at this year's Inline World Championships in Sweden, besting the Czechs 4-3. I find it a bit ironic that we won by scoring 4 goals on the 4th of July; nabbing the gold medal is an amazing way to celebrate our independence day! Also, kudos to Austria for beating Croatia for the Division 1 gold medal, congrats to you guys!

No comments: