Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Toy Story 3 thoughts

I got back maybe less than an hour ago from Toy Story 3, and I have to say, it was good, just I felt that it wasn't as good as other people made it out to be. My dad was disappointed, and I agreed with him, saying that it kinda meant more to younger people and/or certain tastes; I could appreciate the theme of nostalgia, but at the same time, it was the make or break them of the whole movie. That being said though, I enjoyed it, and it was very well done with the plot; I was blown away by the guys who did the plot, as that takes serious skills to write. I had to really think about my stuffed animals, especially my beloved stuffed animal cat Eeschwee of 18 years, and what will happen to him and all my other ones once I go off to college. That thought really followed me, and perhaps for that matter the whole audience tonight, and it's sobering and depressing to think about; you love them, but at the same time, you can only love them for so long. Just thinking about that, it's scary to think about how love can mean so much, yet it lasts for a relatively short span of time. How does one relinquish that love and how does one deal with the fact of not loving something for as long as they'd hoped to? It's scary, but I know that sooner or later, we all need to deal with that. Finally, I'll admit that while I wasn't crying, I was starting to get semi-teary, knowing that Andy grew up and gave up his toys, the same toys that were the basis of his childhood, when he left for college; again, he derived hours of joy from those beloved toys, yet he had to move on. I guess the movie itself didn't live up to the immeasurable hype bestowed on it, but the underlying themes moved me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

enter, tab.

-Grammar Nazi

conesy said...

I'M SORRY!!! DON'T MORALLY BLACKLIST ME CAUSE OF MY GRAMMAR!!!!!