Hi!

Hi, and welcome to my blog-turned-place where I post my writing. This is my outlet to put them up, which was radically different from the blog that this started out as. I hope you'll have a good time reading my blog/place where I post some poetry and some short stories. I try to cover a variety of topics in these works of mine, so I hope any readers will enjoy it. I'm not an English major by any stretch, but I enjoy writing. Critique would be nice for my writing, cause lord knows I could work on it. Enjoy!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Old school music

And by that, I mean I'm listening to the band concerts from the early years of high school. You know, I feel more of a personal connection while listening to them, as I feel that it was during a time where everybody worked pretty doggone hard to move up, and to me, that was part of the fun; seeing and hearing the rewards of your hard work. Plus, it seemed that beginning sophomore year, there was much more camaraderie, meaning that it was an absolute blast playing with all the guys in Concert 1, and even back in Concert 2.

And right now, I'm listening to Wynton Marsalis play Carnival of Venice. And by play, I mean that he doesn't so much as play as he owns it. It's insane how easy he makes it seem to play it; that's no easy feat by any means, as the score for it is basically black on white.

No comments: